This several days program focuses on the supervisor in the role of the coach and largely consists of practical exercises. Participants learn specifically by carrying out assignments and receiving personal feedback after which they apply lessons learned in their work situation. The course focuses throughout on personal learning goals and exchange of experiences. This program has been tailored to suit supervisors of PhD students with one to five years of experience.
- Situational Leadership
- Coaching the writing process
- Effective Communication
- Supervision of a Planning schedule
- Performance and assessment interviews
- Selection and job interview
On request a shortened 1-day programme can be given. We also have experience with special training programmes for early-stage supervisors.
Materials: Training materials folder, the book Project management for PhDs.
- “Thank you for the excellent course ‘Supervision of PhD students’. It provides a good combination of group interaction, innovative assignments and personal feedback as well as room for reflection. It gave me great pleasure to reflect on my style of student supervision. As the trainers had predicted, all the insights of the four days came together in the session with the actor, giving us the opportunity to try the different strategies we had learned. The practical focus of the course had enabled me to instantly apply many different techniques and insights in my daily work.”