Scientists often have to give presentations to international groups. English is the lingua franca of science while only native speakers really have perfect command of the language. Passive mastery of English is usual very good among researchers: you can understand everything you read or hear. In this training course you learn to transform that passive knowledge into active knowledge and how to quickly expand your vocabulary.
The course covers the following points:
- do’s & don’ts of presentations
- improving pronunciation and intonation
- expanding the vocabulary and learning not to have to look for words so hard
- practicing presentation techniques: structure and rhetoric
- grammar refresher: dealing with and improving often made mistakes